David Karapetyan wrote:
FreeBSD office19.resnet.nd.edu 7.0-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p5 #0: Wed Oct 1 10:10:12 UTC 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

Hello all. I would like to make aliased directories in apache visible from the directory root. An example: When I visit http://myserver.com/, I would like to see the 'icons' folder (suppose that in my document root I have directories 'bobo' and 'gogo', but that /icons is actually an alias for /usr/local/share/icons). Bobo and gogo show up in the directoroy listing when I access http://myserver.com, but not /icons. How can I remedy this?

Options Indexes for the icons area?

Create a stub directory "icons" under your web-root?

Don't use Aliases within apache, but create symlinks instead and tell
Apache to FollowSymLinks?

One or other of those should work...

        Cheers,

        Matthew