Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> Andrew Falanga wrote:
Identical drive models so their sizes are the same.  Is this the
command, from gmirror(8), the one I'll want to use?

    Create a mirror on disk with valid data (note that the last sector of the
    disk will be overwritten).  Add another disk to this mirror, so it will
    be synchronized with existing disk:

           gmirror label -v -b round-robin data da0

add -s <very large value> like -s 1048576 to prevent splitting one request on 2 disks.

I thought the -s option was only applicable when using "-b split" for the balancing algorithm. Does "round-robin" not mean simply alternating between the two disks without ever splitting requests?

What are the considerations in choosing between "load", "prefer", "round-robin", and "split" balance algorithms?

Carl                                             / K0802647