David Robillard wrote:
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Gerardo Paredes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From what i have read, Matt Olander and Brooks Davis are the foremost experts at cluster
building on FreeBSD. However i believe a document needs to be written explaining in
detailed steps how to do it, so the common user can do it. Obviously not every
"common" man needs a cluster.

In my case i am pitching the project of a big cluster to our University here in
Honduras to run some kinds of apps we have, like a Trade Exchange Market
Simulation written in Python we have about two years developing which we plan
to run distributed across the cluster.

Since I cannot attend that seminar, i will be expecting for at least the
presentation to be posted.

Actually, this was a presentation I attended last year. So the slides
already exist. You can also grab their old paper at
http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/papers/bsdcon2003/ but this is a bit
out-dated.

My advice would be to try and contact Mr. Brooks Davis directly. If
you can't find him, try and send an email to the organisers of BSDCan
from http://www.bsdcan.org/2008/contact.php. I believe you should talk
to Dan Langille on the BSDCan commitee
http://www.bsdcan.org/2008/committee.php

Good luck and have fun! Your project seems quite interesting :)

David

It seems the same presentation was given at AsiaBSDCon 2007: it's linked to from
http://2007.asiabsdcon.org/papers/index.html

The slides are at http://2007.asiabsdcon.org/papers/P02-slides.pdf and the paper is at
http://2007.asiabsdcon.org/papers/P02-paper.pdf

--