Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

Finally, I recommend if this machine is RELENG_6 or later, that you look
in to using pf(4) instead.  You'll thank me later.  :-)

Specifically ftp-proxy(8).  Makes it almost feasible to support such
an archaic and unfriendly-to-firewalling protocol as FTP and still
retain at least a modicum of security.

        Cheers,

        Matthew, who is still bemused by peoples' assumption that just because
it is called 'File Transfer Protocol' it is *the* way to transfer
files. Hello! It's the 21st Century now. Try WebDAV. Try rsync -- either anonymous, or over ssh. Try sftp. Try scp.
                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW