joeb wrote:
> How do it configure gnome to restrict users to their home directory?
> I don't want them to be able see any system directories or other users?

Dont know about gnome per se but you can use chroot/jails to restrict
users to see only stuffs you want them to see for any environment. Just
build the chroot and copy over the gnome-specific binaries to its
chrooted-equivalent (copy or link /usr/bin/gnome-panel to
/home/chrooted/johndoe/usr/bin/gnome-panel). I do not know of any tools
that does this automatically and also I do not know how gdm will work out.

e.g -
Normal
/home/johndoe/

         |___ .bashrc