I'm starting my first steps in FreeBSD, with some experience in Debian
GNU/Linux. I also live in Cuba, a third world country with very low
bandwidth and I'm very interested in having access to the ported
software available for FreeBSD. For now I managed to get the 3 CDs of
the 7.0 RELEASE and install it.

My question is: what would you recommend to someone who wants to have
the software available offline and perhaps update it monthly? Can I
download and burn in DVDs the entire ports and package collection?

Regards
Mauricio López