On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, en0f wrote:

Bob McConnell wrote:
On Behalf Of Odhiambo Washington
One response I got off list was that I could use "deny
unknown-clients;" if I use isc-dhcpd-server, which got me thinking ...
is there another dhcp server for FreeBSD in the ports tree, or outside
it?

I have used dnsmasq on Slackware Linux. It is a combined DNS/DHCP server
that works well on small private networks. I don't know if it runs on
BSD.

Same here. I've used it on Debian&Ubuntu without any problem on home network
and as Bob mentioned it talks both DNS and DHCP.

Just took a quick look:

  %locate dnsmasq
  /usr/ports/dns/dnsmasq

Seems to be in the ports tree.