Yony Yossef wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two questions about VLANs on FreeBSD 6.3/7.0.
>
> 1.
> I'm trying to understand whether HW VLAN filtering can be supported.
> Looking at the code I can't find a proper ioctl that will inform the driver
> about a vlan creation/destruction.
> Is there a way of doing it?

If you're asking how to support vlans in FreeBSD, add lines like these
to rc.conf:

cloned_interfaces="vlan0"
ifconfig_bce1="inet 0.0.0.0"
ifconfig_vlan0="vlan 250 vlandev bce1"
ifconfig_vlan0_alias0="inet 161.53.72.23 netmask 255.255.255.0"

This has worked for me in 6.2 and 6.3. Hardware VLAN filtering is
supported in both 6.x and 7.x (at least in bce driver; look for
VLAN_HWTAGGING flag in ifconfig).

> 2.
> Second issue - is there way of enabling TSO on vlan interfaces?

I've asked that question about a week ago on network developers mailing
list and the answer was that it could be done but it's not yet
implemented (i.e. using VLANs in any way effectively disables TSO).