Hi,

> Oct 29 17:14:39 int kernel: arplookup ww.xx.yy.zz failed: host is not on
> local
> network
>
> We have an external router connected as a dhcp server at 192.168.0.2 which
> apparently has external address ww.xx.yy.zz. I am using a fixed ip address ie
>
> 192.168.0.6
>
> I have this in my rc.conf
>
> defaultrouter="192.168.0.2"
> hostname="int.myoffice.com"
> ifconfig_em0="inet 192.168.0.6  netmask 255.255.255.0"
>

> and have dns mapping int.myoffice.com --> ww.xx.yy.zz, but our ISP will not
> make
> the reverse mapping. I assume that we're trying to reverse lookup something
> and
> the lack of reverse dns is causing this issue.
>
> What can I add to my rc.conf to stop this arplookup problem?

Hummm, I don't think that it is related to reverse dns. ARP is trying
to map the IP address ww.xx.yy.zz with the MAC address.

Your FreeBSD machine is on your private network, so when it is trying
to access ww.xx.yy.zz (public IP) it should only redirect that to the
router, and ARP would be maping the IP address of the router.

Best regards,

Olivier