In general, what you're doing is correct for a block copy.  There is
nothing (that I know of) which is faster; you're copying 500GB of data
(including the unused portion -- you *did* ask for a block copy),
and this takes a long time.  Be patient.

On the flip side, your blocksize (bs) there is quite high for no good
reason.  I'd pick something more like bs=64k or bs=128k.  The default
(512) is too small for what you want, but 10MBytes is silly.

should be big but less than drive's buffer, and be multiply of sector size.