> I find it kind of self defeating for the ports if you HAVE to add stuff to
> the /etc/make.conf file for it to work without any documentation telling you
> to do so or not doing it automatically (Like PERL did)
On the other hand, some of us, like myself, find it a bit...
Arrogant? ...if some port touches your system config files without
asking. And simply printing it on the output at the end of
installation isn't enough since it might get lost if an other port is
built right after the one printing out the message. I don't know if
there is an optimal way...

--
(-K JohnNy alias Partial Derivative ∂
[home] http://johnny64.fixinko.sk/