My apologies for asking on this list, but I'm stuck without Perl and need
to use awk to generate a report.

I'm working with a large data set spread across multiple files, but to
keep things simple, say I have A Very Long String that containing records,
each delimited by a single space.  I need to print those records in
columnar format, but with only 7 columns per line:

record1  record2  record3  record4  record5  record6  record7
record08 record09 record10 record11 record12 record13 record14

Should be simple, but I'm getting nowhere.

Thanks!

--
David "promising never to do this again" Allen