On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, andrew clarke wrote:

On Mon 2008-11-03 18:33:57 UTC-0400, Marc G. Fournier ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

For FreeBSD users, you just need to install /usr/ports/sysutils/bsdstats
to set things up.

I stopped using bsdstats after it caused my FreeBSD router to take too
long to boot up after a reboot.  If I recall correctly, I had
bsdstats_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and after the reboot bsdstats
was called before ppp was able to start, so it couldn't connect to the
bsdstats server.  On the other hand this was a while ago and I am
going by memory, so I may be wrong about what happened or it was just
a coincidence.  At the time I was more interested in getting the
router running so I didn't really care for debugging what was going
on.  I realise this is a bit of a vague bug report, so feel free to
ignore it.

There is an optional flag for 'reporting on reboot' ... the original script only did reporting monthly, out of periodic, but some ppl (ie. using laptops) suggesting an optional flag so that when they rebooted, they would be counted also ...

And you are correct, just change:

bsdstats_enable="YES"

bsdstats_enable="NO"

And 'on reboot' will eb disabled, and only periodic will be used ... at a minimum, you just need:

monthly_statistics_enable="YES"

in /etc/periodic.conf, wich will only report OS/version and skip the devices/ports reports ...

----