At 17:10 06/11/2008, you wrote:
Hi there,

Earlier I was asking for some help getting XSP/ mod_mono on FreeBSD. I
may be asking in the wrong mailing list, but my impression is that mono
on FreeBSD is generally not a popular idea.

To pose my questions to the developers in the FreeBSD community:
1. What programming language(s) do you deploy on FreeBSD?

Pascal and ObjectPascal with FreePascal Compiler and Lazarus for my programs.
C with GCC for play with FreeBSD source code.

2. Is FreeBSD more optimised in performance for any particular language?

Don't know.

3. Is FreeBSD even a popular choice as a development platform, or is it
better suited as a special-purpose OS (eg. mail server, DNS server)?

Depends. For me it's THE development platform.

Thanks.