On Friday 21 February 2003 10:10 am, taxman wrote:
> On Friday 21 February 2003 03:16 pm, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > On Friday 21 February 2003 06:08 am, Tuc wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >   I have :
> > > *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
> > >
> > >   in my stable-supfile, and on one machine all of a sudden on the
> > > last update I have :
> > >
> > > FreeBSD vjofn.ttsg.com 4.8-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-PRERELEASE #1:
> > > Thu Feb 20 13:5 2:11 EST 2003
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VJOFN  i386
> > >
> > >   Heres my problem. I've been CVSUPing machines with RELENG_4, is
> > > there a way I can continue only with the 4.7 tree? I tried :
> > >
> > > *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_7
>
> That is correct to continue with the 4.7 release branch.  See below
>
> > >   and it looked like it was re-checking out everything.
> >
> > That is what it was doing. You were checking out 4.7-release plus
> > security fixes.
>
> correct.  Tuc, you were in essence reverting to 4.7 release plus the
> security fixes, which is behind in the development tree from 4-stable
> (4.x) which is rapidly approaching 4.8-release.
>
> > > Does that mean
> > > it was getting 4.7 as it was first released,
>
> No, it is the release branch.  It is possible to get it as it was
> first released with a different tag, but why would you unless one of
> the security fixes broke something for you?

Never mind what I said. I was in a hurry and didn't read it properly.

He was following stable and none of the above will get that back for
him. As a current version, 4.7-stable is gone, since RELENG_4 is now
called

FreeBSD ruby 4.8-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-PRERELEASE #30: Tue Feb 18
20:10:15 PST 2003     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr2/obj/usr/src/sys/RUBY
i386

Kent

--
Kent Stewart