On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Peter Wu wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (P. U. Kruppa) writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to portinstall XFree86-4 on yesterday's
> > 4.8-PRERELEASE.
> >
> > I think I have deleted all old XFree86 packages,
> > # pkgdb -F
> > runs without any complaints.
> >
> > But portinstall -R XFree86 (I answered yes to XFree86-4) ends
> > doing imake with
>
> Have you tried portupgrade?
Yes, but of course it said XFree86 was not installed, so it
couldn't be upgraded. Thus I have to use
# portinstall -R
which is equivalent to
# portupgrade -NR

To get something running I installed XFree86 from my 4.7-RELEASE
CD. I also tried to upgrade this and was left with a dysfunctional
XFree86 System (some modules and fonts couldn't be found).
So I just stay with the 4.7 installation and hope to get gnome2
working somehow.

Uli.