On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:21:10PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Mats Dufberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I run FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE on a ASUS A7V333-X motherboard. On the card
> > there is both LAN and sound card built in, but neither is detected by
> > FreeBSD. Does anyone have any information if it is possible to get that
> > support?
>
> I'm not running 5.0, so I may not have the details exactly right, but
> I think they're similar to 4.x.  You'll need to load the pcm module or
> compile it into your kernel.
>
> The ethernet card I'm not sure about, though; I don't know which
> driver is supposed to handle that one.

I think you may not have much success with the Ethernet card, I didn't
with both FreeBSD and Linux on a machine with the same motherboard.
A search of the maker's site proved fruitless. I would love to know if
it is possible though, since eventually said machine will need 2 NICS.

I have not tried the sound, since the machine in question is not
destined for music :)

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson