On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:17:25 -0500, Jesse Sheidlower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm running FreeBSD 7.1-BETA2 in a virtual machine in
> VirtualBox, running on a Linux (Debian) host.
> [...]
> I tried to set this up on the FreeBSD side, but I am unable to
> even create the vbox0 interface:
>
> ---
> # ifconfig vbox0 create
> ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE2: Invalid argument
> ---

I'm not sure, but I think what you're searching for would be to
have VB "create" a NIC substitute for the FreeBSD guest OS. When
you said, you could reach network from out of the FreeBSD VB,
a virtual network adapter. Which interface did you use from
within FreeBSD?

As far as I know, there's no vbox (pseudo)interface driver in
FreeBSD, that's why the ifconfig create command returned an error.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0