Polytropon wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:17:25 -0500, Jesse Sheidlower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> I'm running FreeBSD 7.1-BETA2 in a virtual machine in
>> VirtualBox, running on a Linux (Debian) host.
>> [...]
>> I tried to set this up on the FreeBSD side, but I am unable to
>> even create the vbox0 interface:
>>
>> ---
>> # ifconfig vbox0 create
>> ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE2: Invalid argument
>> ---
>>

> I'm not sure, but I think what you're searching for would be to
> have VB "create" a NIC substitute for the FreeBSD guest OS. When
> you said, you could reach network from out of the FreeBSD VB,
> a virtual network adapter. Which interface did you use from
> within FreeBSD?
>
> As far as I know, there's no vbox (pseudo)interface driver in
> FreeBSD, that's why the ifconfig create command returned an error.

The guest machine is always going to use the virtual driver provided by
virtualbox, which is configured through the virtualbox gui control
before you start the machine. I suggest trying to configure that
interface, not vbox0. vbox0 is an interface on the host OS.

This howto from Ubuntu may help you out; notice that everything is
configured on the host machine, the guest machine has no real
differences: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VirtualBox#Networking