Vincent Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I need to use rsync for backup to another machine using a nonstandard
port for ssh. 722.

For example, when I test using my translation of the man pages:

rsync [OPTION...] SRC... rsync://[EMAIL PROTECTED]:PORT]/DEST

I use:

rsync -avz /almacen/testDir rsync://backkup.net:722/backup/

the error generated is:

rsync: server sent "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.1p1 FreeBSD-20080901" rather
than greeting
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1504) [sender=3.0.4]

I've tried many variants but none have worked.  Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
-e 'ssh -p722' should do it in theory
I'm not certain if rsync over ssh honours the SSH_CONFIG(5) file(s) it
should do though. If so it could also be added on a per host basis there.
something like

Host foo.example.com
Port 722
User myuser
IdentityFile /path/to/custom/key

Thanks, Vince. That is a ver interesting solution. I'm going to give it a try in the morning.

ed