Ian Smith wrote:

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Jin Guojun[VFF] wrote:
> Ian Smith wrote:
> > > On Sat, 15 Nov 2008, Jin Guojun[VFF] wrote: > > > > > I think this is a bug in ipfw because after change the rule order, the
> > >    problem persists:
> > >    00566    26     3090 deny ip from 221.192.199.36 to any
> > >    65330  2018   983473 allow tcp from any to any established
> > >    65535     0        0 deny ip from any to any
> > .... snapped

> I have found the problem due to the NIC naming change after motherboard
> upgrading.
> The em0 was LAN port, but now it is WAN port. So, the following rule caused
> Sync coming in:
> > 00123 12 528 allow tcp from any to 192.168.0.0/16 via em0 setup

Ahah!

> This is my configuration fault, and we can close PR kern/128902.
> > Thanks,
> -Jin

Glad you found it so soon, Jin; that was one very short-lived PR :)
This is kind hard one to catch since this machine was tested and working before. Traced many machines with R-6.1 and R-6.2 around country and found no problem. The recent change to this machine is a AMD to a P4 motherboard swapping for better memory
bandwidth, but overlooked the NIC names changed.
Now we had historical information for what could cause such failure.

-Jin