On 02/22/03 06:19 PM, Cliff Sarginson sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 08:43:33AM -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > > <SNIP>
> >
> > Last time I looked, Verizon had a no-local sever clause in their Terms
> > of Service.

If I understand the terms I got correctly, they mean no commercial
servers, and they've told me they don't block any ports anyway.

> Traceroute is not really the tool you are after.
>
> You need an external port scan done  using another Internet
> connection or by a friend, or someone you can trust will
> not use the results for nefarious means.
>
> There are sites that will do simple scans for you
> .. but of course is up to you whether you trust them ;).

Any such services you 'trust'?  Of course I know that's a tough one to
answer, but don't worry, I'll do whatever due diligence I can
beforehand.

> Actually I get scanned several times a day by dopeheads looking for
> open-ports on my system. It is a fact of Internet life, it is not rocket
> science. Probably everyone on this list, certainly if they have a
> (semi)permanent net connection gets scanned as well.
>
> If your ISP is blocking you..change your ISP.

Yeah, but AT&T Broadband just changed hands again, and they still
haven't turned on in my area.  I don't know what their practices will
be anyway, so I'll have to do some due diligence there too.

Thanks
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

You may already be a loser.
    -- Form letter received by Rodney Dangerfield.