* Jeremy Chadwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-11-17 12:08:49+0000]:
> > Intersting, I see the same in my logs, but the frequency seems to be
> > much less than yours, e.g. for the month of November:
>
> What time counter source does this box have available?

kern.timecounter.choice: TSC(-100) i8254(0) dummy(-1000000)
kern.timecounter.hardware: i8254

> Other ideas:
> Look into the "fudge" operator of ntp.conf.

Yeah, I'm already fudging my local clock a bit. From my ntp.conf:

    # local clock
    server 127.127.1.0
    # don't trust local clock too much
    fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10

> Try deleting your ntp driftfile.  Note that if you do this, it will take
> a day or two for things to "level out".  It tries to figure out the
> "average" skew rate your system clock has.

Hmm, my drift file looks decent enough:

    $ cat /var/db/ntp.drift
    10.047

And it's being updated regularly enough.

> Then there's a very good possibility it's hardware-related.

I'll ask the hosting company about it though to see if anyone has
brought this up.

Thomas