On Tue 2008-11-18 11:21:02 UTC-0500, Gary Hartl ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I have an old laptop (Dell Inspiron 7500), P3 550mhz, 256mb ram 20 gig hdd.
>
> I am wondering what the validity of putting FBSD on it running VLC or
> something like that feeding to my tv.

550 MHz will be a bit slow for playing DivX/XviD movies, especially if
they're high definition (beyond 640x480 approx).  Presumably Windows
is installed on it at the moment, so you can give the Windows version
of VLC a test run.

The RAM & HDD specs are fine.  Provided the laptop's integrated video
and networking is supported, you should be good to go.