On Nov 21, 2008, at 11:42 PM, Ian Jefferson wrote:

Is anyone running FreeBSD on a Mac Mini Intel?

I don't know the answer to your question, but don't think it's a crazy one. One of the most interesting things I've seen, lately, is a hosting company that uses stacks of Mac Minis running OS X Server. They may not be the thing for mission-critical services, but for day- to-day web hosting, they are far better (IMHO) than the typical WinTel or Linux white box systems that fill colo facilities. Need redundancy? Plunk down another $500 bucks! One of Apple's coolest products, I think.

-- John