try pressing 6 at boot loader menu and then

set hw.ata.atapi_dma=0
boot

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008, Dan Champagne wrote:

Hello, I have been using the forums, google, your documents, and any other
source to try and get freeBSD 7.0 installed on my system, i have tried the
rearranging the IDE, DVDRom, Im using the ISO from your site, I get through
some of the install, I keep getting a geometry error and let freebsd fix it,
then i get a really crappy error when i think its going to actually mount and
install the files,

Error mounting /dev/acd0 on /dist: Input/Output eror (5)

Any help would be appreciated, because now im at a friends sending this email,
because I now have no OS.  I have a 1.78Ghz celeron single core, 2gb ram, 160
Western Digital IDE HDD, PCI graphics(onboard disabled) and a DVD/CD burner

Thanks Dan.