Ivan Voras wrote:
APseudoUtopia wrote:
Hey.

PHP stores session data for the 'file' handler in /tmp, by default.
For organizational purposes, I'd like to change this to something like
/tmp/php_sessions/ or so. However, I have the clear_tmp_enable feature
enabled, so /tmp is cleared on reboot. PHP wont create the
php_sessions dir on it's own.

So basically, I'm looking for a way to create the dir
/tmp/php_sessions/ each time the server is booted BEFORE apache
starts. I'm sure I could do this somehow with the rc.d scripts, but I
really have no idea how.

man 8 rc.local

And, by way of an alternate suggestion, remember that cron(8)
recognizes an "@reboot" special string instead of the normal
five-field time indicators.

@reboot         /bin/mkdir /tmp/php_sessions

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--
It's amazing how many people you could be friends
with if only they'd make the first approach.