Hi guys,
With more motherboard vendors venturing away from RS232 serial ports to firewire, I was wondering if anyone has ever configured either a firewire or usb to serial / usb adapter between two machines to emulate a serial console. This is a question I'd like to get an answer to so I can start working on a means to indirectly access boxes for the FreeBSD project to avoid the kludginess of manually testing things, or at least manually power cycling devices and booting targets, whenever possible. The chapter I'm referring to in the handbook is: <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html >.
Thanks!
-Garrett