On Tue 2008-11-25 07:16:44 UTC+0100, Zbigniew Szalbot ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I hope you can clear my doubts. When I use freebsd-update to update a
> machine with a custom kernel, do I need to fetch sources before I
> rebuild the kernel or are they fetched by freebsd-update utility?

freebsd-update will update the kernel sources on the condition that
the Components setting is configured correctly in freebsd-update.conf.
Normally you'd use:

Components src world kernel

Then after a successful update, if you're not using the GENERIC
kernel, you should rebuild the kernel with your custom settings.
After the new kernel is installed you should reboot the machine.