Quoting Andrew Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm browsing around for smaller office apps.  Abiword and Gnumeric are
great.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a presentation software?
I'd rather not compile OpenOffice; and I'm just not "getting" KDE4.

Hi Andrew,

if you're into LaTeX, then prosper (http://sourceforge.net/projects/prosper/) might be an option. If you're into XML and don't need no fancy effects, then DocBook Slides (http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/slides/3.4.0/RELEASE-NOTES.html) may come in handy. Also, if you don't need any effects or transitions you may consider any tool that creates multi-page PDF files. Adobe Reader has a full-screen option which turns it into a presentation viewer.

hth
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka