Laszlo Nagy skrev:
The printer is Epson Stylus Photo R265. I'm using gutenprint 5 and CUPS. The test page prints well from CUPS. I can also print images and web pages from firefox, because the "CUPS/R265" printer can be selected in the print dialog of firefox.

However, when I open an image from eog (eye of gnome), the only printer destination I can choose is "LPR". Which is bad, because this is a printer server with diskless clients, and the users must be able to select print options from the GUI.

The system is FreeBSD 7.0. My girlfriend had the same problem with Ubuntu before, but not with kiwi, so it might not be related to FreeBSD.

Thanks,

  Laci

Hello Laszlo,

You might want to add the following lines to /etc/make.conf

CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes
NO_LPR=yes
WITH_CUPS=yes

And rebuild the application you want to print from.

(The above was found on the excellent guide at http://www.math.colostate.edu/~reinholz/freebsd/)

Greetings

/Roger