The base page for CUPS has a button labeled "Add Printer".
On *my* setup, anyway.
On mine too.
What it really does is add a queue, so you can do it any number of times
for the same physical printer.
I did not know that! But it is not clear in the docs. CUPS talks about "printers" and "printer instances". They recommend using lpoptions to create instances, and use them. Moreover, "printer instances" the way they are created with lpoptions are NOT available from the gtk print menu.....

All right, I'm going to try to add more printers for the same USB device. I hope it will work.

Thanks,

Laszlo