However, as I said, gvinum is slow. I also run graid5 and some say it is pretty

same for me. it works and works fast.

but still - small writes WILL be slow as it's RAID5
because of this i don't have much uses for it, as in most cases today
drive's capacities are much larger than amount of data that has to be protected.

so i use gmirror most often

stable. I've been running it for a year on a non-production server and it works
for me, but haven't seen it in action, when a drive fails or something. It is

simply disconnect one drive to test.

fast, though. See it's page on Wikipedia for more info. I'd use it more if it
was part of official FreeBSD release, but for now it is only available as a
patch (AFAIK).

which is strange. someone don't like RAID5 to be included in system?