Robert Huff wrote:
RW writes:

 > Is there any way to determine when upgrades to installed ports have
 > been done on a system? I did a "portupgrade -arR" recently and want to
 > know which ports have been upgraded in that process (and no I didn't
 > run that portupgrade under "script"...)
pkg_glob(1) can show package installed before or after either a time
 or a particular port.

        One can also send the output to a file, and grep your chosen
ports or use "tail -f".
        I do not recommend doing this with "portupgrade -a" unless you
know the list will be fairly short.  (Imagine rebuilding OpenOffice,
KDE, Java, FireFox, ....)

For future upgrades, portmanager (ports-mgmt/portmanager) will log if you tell it to, alternatively you can make it tell you what ports need updating and why, without actually upgrading anything.

chris