Wojciech Puchar([EMAIL PROTECTED])@2008.12.02 22:14:55 +0100:

>> That's a stupid benchmark. DragonFly doesn't have SMP support yet.
>
> my "benchmark" is to start it install programs i use commonly and compare
> it to other system.
>
> on single-core machine i tested FreeBSD is faster.

Good things come to those who wait. IMO the best thing about DragonFly
is what and how you can build on top of it. Compared to other BSDs it
has a rewritten kernel, and this work continues. It will be much easier
to build clustering on top of this kernel. HAMMER already supports
replication, and from following this list I know some people want this
feature like yesterday.