Hi,

I need to implement a firewall with bridged interfaces that offers
captive portal (authentication before opening the traffic).

I need bridged intefaces because we are a Computer Science department
and we sometime have traffic other than plain IP, need multicast,
IPv6, etc, so bridged interfaces (layer 2) is the best. So far I have
been using ipf and it has been running fine for many years.

Now the country regulation imposes that we have authentication for
every users of Internet, so I need a captive portal (redirect http
request to an authentication portal before opening the firewall).

Is there any solution that exists?

I looked at pfSense, but captive portal does not work on bridged
interfaces; it's one or the other.

Any other suggestion?

Best regards,

Olivier