I have been googling for superblock restore and things are a bit confusing. Some of the commands don't seem to match current fsck parameters (notably -b doesn't exist. Apparently I should be able to reconstruct the superblock(s) on my /usr partition (slice ?) as my searches found that there are backups of the superblocks on the files systems. But how do I find them and restore the corrupt ones? Not clear in my searches. I have another installation of fbsd 7.0 on another machine with the partitioning identical and identical hdds. How could I use the superblock and/or other information from the good installation to repair the damaged one - or would it be possible to recover the superblock info from the damaged one's backcups?
Phil Jourdan