On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Fernando Apesteguía
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 7.1-BETA2. I have several partitions/filesystems
> in my computer and I would like to have full access to all of them.
>
> I've mounted the NTFS partition without problems (though it is
> read-only, it's enough for me)
>
> I've compiled the kernel with the EXT2FS option. I can mount the partition
> with:
>
> mount -t ext2fs /dev/ad4s1 /mnt/linux
>
> note: the partition is actually a ext3fs...
>
> But if I enter the mount point and do "ls", I get:
>
> ls: /mnt/linux: Bad file descriptor

Is is possible you are running into a case where the inode size of the
partition is not the previous default for e2fsprogs of 128. I have a
patch that addresses this, but I am hesitant to suggest it, since I
have not yet validated that it does not trample some additional ext2
metadata. However, in the testing I've done, it has worked with all
the tests I've put it through.

You can verify the inode size with:

tune2fs -l /dev/ad4s1 | grep "Inode size"

It is likely 256 (the new e2fsprogs default), in which case you will
not be able to see or use the mount without a fix. If you're
interested in my patch, let me know and I can send it to you (the
machine it is hosted on is down at the moment).

Thanks,
Josh