On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:47:50 -0800
"Nerius Landys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe that the fix for this is to add a dependency
> to /etc/rc.d/ntpd script, adding "named" to "REQUIRE" section in
> comments.  In your opinion, is this a robust fix?  For example the
> line in my /etc/rc.d/ntpd script that looks like so:
>
> # REQUIRE: DAEMON ntpdate cleanvar devfs
>
> would be changed to this:
>
> # REQUIRE: DAEMON ntpdate cleanvar devfs named

This shouldn't be needed as ntpd already requires ntpdate and in
turn ntpdate requires named. The issue is probably  timing - that named
isn't ready.

I have a similar issue with PPP not having connected by the time
ntpdate runs , so I just have a script that runs between named and
ntpdate, and blocks waiting for access.