On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:28:11 -0800
Noah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I am unable to figure out why I am getting the following error:
>"-bash: /Users/user/.bashrc: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of
>file localhost:~ user$"
>

>------------ Here are the relevant hask configuration files ------
>
>localhost:~ user$ cat .bash_profile
>if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
>      source ~/.bashrc
>fi
>localhost:~ user$ cat .bashrc
>#nc_fix() { sudo kill -9 $"(ps auxwww | grep [nN]cproxyd | awk '{print
>$2}')" }
>nc_fix() { sudo kill -9 $(ps auxwww | grep "[nN]cproxyd" | awk '{print
>$2}') }
>
># enable programmable completion features (you don't need to enable
># this, if it's already enabled in /etc/bash.bashrc and /etc/profile
># sources /etc/bash.bashrc).
>if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
>     . /etc/bash_completion
>fi
>localhost:~ user$
>

>--- snip ---

I once had a similar problem; however the line number given had nothing
to do with where the actual error was. In my case, I had a duplicate
';' I believe located in the file. You will probably have to go through
the file line by line to locate the problem. Perhaps commenting out
sections and seeing if the problem continues might help.

--
Jerry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It destroys one's nerves to be amiable every day to the same human
being. -- Benjamin Disraeli