Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 09:01:42AM +0100, VeeJay wrote:
Any Help???

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:15 PM, VeeJay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Any help???

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:41 PM, VeeJay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello there,

To diagnose and solve a Disk Encluser issue, I am advised to run two
tools....

1. Run OMSA live CD on the Server? Since, OMSA Live CD is linux based, I
am just wondering if it will work or not?
2. Run Dell's DSET Tool, which is also for Linux systems....

And seeking your comments in this regards:

*Server Configuration with FreeBSD 7.0*
**
*2 x PE2950 III Quad Core Xeon E5450 3.0GHz,2x6MB,1333FSB
*Riser with PCI Express Support (2x PCIe x8 slots; 1x PCIe x4 slot)
PE2950 English rack power cord
PE2950 Bezel Assembly
*16GB (8x2GB Dual Rank DIMMs) 667MHz FBD
6 x 450GB SAS 15k 3.5" HD Hot Plug*
PE2950 III - Chassis 3.5HDD x6 Backplane
*PERC 6/i, Integrated Controller Card x6 backplane
*CD/DVD Drive Cable
8X DVD-ROM Drive IDE
PE2950 III Redundant Power Supply No Power Cord
Rack Power Distribution Unit Power Cord
TCP/IP Offload Engine 2P
Broadcom TCP/IP Offload Engine functionality (TOE) Not Enabled
Drac 5 Card
*PE2950 III C5 MSS R10 Add-in PERC 5/i / 6/i

Replying "ANY HELP?" every 24 hours will not get you any help.  Please
stop doing this.

If the OMSA CD is bootable, boot it and do what Dell tells you.  If it's
a CD full of Linux utilities, then you're going to need to install or
run Linux somehow before accomplishing that.  Trying to do this on
FreeBSD is probably not worth your time.

Regarding DSET: same advice as above.

When you're finished dealing with all of this, I would highly recommend
taking the time to write a professional and concise letter to a
supervisor or manager at Dell, and express your displeasure with their
Linux-only tools.  They should at least be providing ISO images you can
burn and boot directly to perform enclosure/controller testing.

But I also hope you've learned something from the experience.  Before
you buy hardware, ensure that it's fully manageable under FreeBSD, or
that the vendor offers bootable CDs that can help you.  Otherwise, if
they do not, you're essentially "living dangerously".

and vote here : http://www.ideastorm.com/ideaSearchResults?s=freebsd&x=0&y=0
the more the better !