At work, FreeBSD and Solaris are present. For some fields of
use, I would not FreeBSD instead of Solaris. However, I found

isn't the reason to using solaris just the need to run solaris-only binary software?

no operating system that could replace FreeBSD in the fields
where I use it.

As in many other topics, this is only my very individual point
of view.

I do see "FreeBSD's problems" in most cases where hardware
support isn't up to date, but that's mainly a thing of the
hardware manufactureres that (a) build black boxes or (b)
do not use existing standards, so accessing their hardware
is a problem. Other problems are usual entertainment stuff
that seems to hook that deeply into the operating system that
it leads into problems - yes, I'm talking about "Flash"
especially.

exactly. as adobe don't want me (FreeBSD) user use flash, i do not.

Hardware vendors are mostly interested in operating systems
that already have a huge market share. Allthough FreeBSD is
a very professional OS and has a growing usage share, its
market share isn't that big, so it is considered to be

even more - FreeBSD users needs MUCH less processing power to do the same than for example - windows user.

so even less computers need to be bought.

Personally, I'd prefer an OS that supports a narrow subset
of hardware excellently and efficiently instead of an OS that
claims to support everything, supports most things poorly

me too.