On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:11:25 -0700
Chad Perrin <per...@apotheon.com> wrote:

> His manner of expressing his feelings seems to be to try to crush
> others' beneath his heel.  Try examining the definition of the word
> "fair" before you use it in the future.

ok, chad, here's what you find on dictionary.com that are relevant:
1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair
judge.
2. legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper
under the rules: a fair fight.

ok no one is really free from bias when it comes to these things. as
shaw (i think) once wrote "an unbiased opinion isn't worth a damn".

i do not think you have provided specific evidence that he has been
dishonesty or unjust ... much less so that he has even been incorrect.

and as far as 'sticking to the rules', he hasn't abused anyone from
any of the posts i recall reading, so within the terms of conduct of
an email list, i don't find your picturesque expression 'crush others
beneath his heel' legitimate.

> If he just said "If this doesn't suit your needs, try something
> else," I wouldn't have a problem.  Telling people patent falsehoods
> about how FreeBSD simply can't do what other OSes can, even in cases
> where FreeBSD can do them *better* than those other OSes, in an
> attempt to drive away anyone that might be looking at FreeBSD as a
> possible migration path, is rather suboptimal in my opinion, however.

it would be suboptimal, if it were true. however, i really can't recall
anything of the sort, chad - ever. and certainly not in this thread. i
also don't understand why you think he'd be even motivated to do this.
of what possible interest could it be for him to drive others away from
freebsd?

> You talk about how many people have gone where they can get what they
> want by migrating to FreeBSD, completely ignoring the fact that about
> half a dozen times in the last year (wild guess on frequency) he has
> done his level best to dissuade people from even finding out whether
> FreeBSD is where they can get what they want.

perhaps i haven't read those specific posts. if they really do exist
and are legitimate beyond your own personal vendetta (which it is
seeming to have become for some reason now), could you point me there?

> What kind of cruel,
> sadistic bastard tries so hard to prevent people from bettering their
> circumstances like that?

!!??!!
chad, have you recently tried examining the definition of the word
"troll" as it pertains to usage on an elist?

you have your wishes for freebsd and he has his. they are different,
but they don't need to lead to name calling and war.

if you don't agree with what he says, then just post your disagreement
with backup. he can do the same. may be you'll convince each other -
may be you won't.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's