On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:22:15 +0100 (CET), Wojciech Puchar
<woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>> There is _nothing_ that is inherently "server oriented" about the main
>> FreeBSD tree, and it hasn't "split" to anything of the sort.
>
> exactly! FreeBSD is unix oriented!
>
> everything else depends on what you install.
>
> that's why it would be good to finally introduce moderation on that
> list

That's a logical leap I am not comfortable with.

Back when I posted my first question here, some time during the summer
of 1999, it seemed very nice that older FreeBSD users replied to my
questions without chastising me for being "off topic".  It seems natural
to return the favor now, and reply to *all* questions that I can help
with; even if their relation to FreeBSD is very 'weak'.

The spirit of replying to all questions, even if they are similar to
``How do I process images with a Photoshop-like program on FreeBSD?'',
or even ``Windows lets me use FOO and do BAR.  Is there something like
this in FreeBSD?'', seems to be one of the *good* aspects of this list.

Why should we destroy that good aspect by introducing moderation?