On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:22:15AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> >There is _nothing_ that is inherently "server oriented" about the main
> >FreeBSD tree, and it hasn't "split" to anything of the sort.
>
> exactly! FreeBSD is unix oriented!
>
> everything else depends on what you install.
>
> that's why it would be good to finally introduce moderation on that list -
> to cut off 95% of traffic that is not about FreeBSD.

Moderation, like all bureaucracy and oversight, a chainsaw -- not a
scalpel.  One should always be wary of its use where even the slightest
error might result in significant loss of value.

Interestingly, my random signature generator seems to have something to
say about this topic as well.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Jon Postel, RFC 761: "[B]e conservative in what you do, be liberal