On Sunday 23 February 2003 10:17 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 05:08:32PM -0500, taxman wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I don't know if I missed something, but I get thousands of errors (1,920
> > or so) when doing make index  after a cvsup of ports this afternoon.
> > What's going on?  Nothing really unusual in the cvsup output (no large
> > number of ports deleted)
> >     Any ideas?
>
> Do you have the multimedia category?

No, I didn't, which surprised me.  My supfile was just an edit of the example
one, where I commented out the language ports of the languages I don't speak.
Apparently this causes a fair bit of ports to not be updated.
after cvsupping with ports-all, I got the multimedia and others and the
make index went fine.
        So I guess I need to figure out how to use refuse files.  I wonder why the
individual ports collections are listed in the supfile if that doesn't really
work.  And I can't find the docs on refuse files at the moment.
Thanks Kris,

        Tim