On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 09:38:29PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> without moderation it's a mess.

I've seen more mess in response to your entirely unwelcoming manner than
ever in response to anything you call "off topic" in some of your
examples.

> It's nice people like to help other people, but it's bad it helps them on
> that lists with OFF-TOPIC problems.

That might be a valid concern if your notion of "off topic" didn't
include things that pretty much everyone else seems to think is on topic
enough to fit into this list.

> i don't mean moderation like removing one opinions and not others. But
> removing off-topic messages, that are 95% now or more.

1. When moderation is increased, so too are false positives -- like
removing statements of opinion that shouldn't be removed.

2. Your idea of "off topic" seems to include stuff relevant to FreeBSD.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Bjarne Stroustrup: "An ugly operation should have an ugly