guys,

        last friday i found a public domain "DVD-ROM" of books available
        for free d/l.  turns out there were 13 huge files in rar files.
        I have all.  can these be catted together and the "unrar"d to form
        the original?

        Oh:  there was another version using bit-torrent, but that was taking
        a long LONG time and stalled, so next time is a question about this
        stuff.  note that the torrent file was also in *rar format, so i'm back
        the original quandry...

        if anybody knows what an rar file is, would you please hit me up with
        a clue or two?

        tia,

        gary

--