Wojciech Puchar wrote:
-rw-------   1 root  wheel  4096 Dec 11 17:36 entropy

I can't find any reference to that file in FreeBSD doc.
Any reference to it ? What is it used for ? I have look in RANDOM area, but no reference...

at startup it seeds random generator, every 11 minutes and at shutdown it's saved from random generator.

it's here to make random generator more random - not starting clean at boot.

Thanks a lot !

1- How may i suggest/learn to add this info in the random generator man page, so that a search in doc gives the right result ?

2- As / will be mounted read-only, how can i tell the ramdom generator to put this /entropy file somewhere in /var, where i think it should be ? Or is there any tricky hidden problem ?

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
--
Bernard DUGAS Mobile +33 615 333 770