Kelly Jones wrote:
Has anyone tried publishing non-DNS information via DNS? Advantages:

 % Automatic distributed caching on various nameservers.

 % UDP, so no TCP overhead

I know SPF uses this, and clamav publishes their current version
number this way, but has anyone done this on a large scale basis?

Someone needs to invent and promote a TextualDatagramPublicationProtocol or TDPP because DNS has been abused for publishing non DNS data for too long. Continuing to use DNS for things it was never intended to do will only cloud the issue and delay implementation when the internet decides to take DNS security seriously.

Just my two cents.

DAve

--
The whole internet thing is sucking the life out of me,
there ain't no pony in there.